Linda Howard - Wellness Coach
Linda Howard is the founder and CEO of Alturnative Fitness.
Linda has been studying and breathing wellness and natural living for over thirty years, including
- gaining an understanding of the benefits of various alternative approaches to healing, such as acupuncture, homeopathic medicine, chiropractic treatment, herbology, reiki, massage therapy and reflexology;
- studying and learning meal preparation based upon numerous dietary theories such as vegetarian, vegan, raw, zone, macro-biotic, etc.;
- learning the art of juicing for healing and to maintain health;
- studying tonic herbal formulas;
- engaging in a regular practice of fasting for cleansing, detoxification and spiritual health
- practicing prayer and meditation for mental and spiritual well-being
- respecting and acknowledging that water, food, objects and other people carry energy that could negatively or positively impact our wellbeing.
During the last twenty-five years, she been an entrepreneur and worked as an attorney, health care compliance officer and adjunct college professor. Her demanding careers were her real-life laboratory for a perfecting a natural approach to stress management. In order to address some of her health issues directly tied to inactivity, stress and long work hours, she adopted various techniques and created a practical lifestyle that promoted wellbeing and enjoy success in her career.
In recent years Linda added to her studies the science around physical activity as a key ingredient of wellbeing. This knowledge inspired her to invite seasoned fitness professionals into the Alturnative Fitness family and ambassadors to help promote physical activity as a core component of wellness. She is 49, and relatively speaking, she is a new comer to performance driven fitness. Her approach to fitness contradicts traditional concepts of aging. She believes that you can turn it on and turn on a state of wellbeing and high energy at any age. Linda has been a vegetarian for more than three decades, has been a vegan over a decade and has avoided smoking, drinking alcohol and other controlled substances her entire life. She believes that what you take into your body impacts not only your physical body, but it also impacts your spiritual and mental wellbeing.
Linda's life journey has led her to the discovery of the secrets to optimal physical performance, radiant health, mental wellbeing, vitality and youthfulness. She refers to this combined knowledge as the Alturnative Fitness approach to total wellbeing. Modern science and ancient traditions document the benefits of her approach. However, for her, the ultimate proof of its benefits is her enjoyment of total wellbeing.
Linda Howard is Your Highly Skilled and Accomplished Wellness Coach:
- Doctor of Jurispudence (law degree)
- Certified in Health Care Compliance (CHC)
- Certified Wellness Coach
- Trained in Wellness mapping 360TM
- Certificate of completion for TRX suspension training
- Organic Living and Healthy Vegan Food Prep Specialist
- Member of The International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association
- Member of National Wellness Institute
- Member of PT(personal trainer) on the Net
Meet Linda by viewing the following video in our Video Library
You can read what Linda has to say about lifestyle, fitness and general health on the Alturnative Fitness blog.